Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I've learned to fly

So this is it. Crying while I write this. My program is at is very end, leaving tomorrow, and yes I'm excited to leave but more so, I'm devastated that I have to leave so many friends. I don't want to leave all my fellow cast members at Pop (GO POP!) But this has been such a journey about myself and everything around me. I can't tell you the amount of times I've cried today. I cried when Sonia came in and gave me lessons in life, I cried when my very last shift ended and all the CPs were started their last one. As Robert says, we were two ships passing. And we were, all going to different ports. To Pennsylvania, to Michigan, and to Florida. But the one thing we won't forget is this. This experience. Such a wondrous adventure that has taught us so much. I will never forget. Through this I've learned to have faith and trust myself (and pixie dust) and that this little red feather isn't the only thing that can help me fly, it's me, my growth. So much has happened, from demon bitches in my apartment to waking up two hours late for work, all the tears and stress have been worth it. This is an unforgettable journey that has been custom made for me. Only I could have experienced what I have. And as I write this and listen to Break by Three Days Grace, the seconds are ticking. and my time is almost up. To anyone that will do this program, remember everything about it, live it up, take advantage and most of all, think happy thoughts.

"Take yourself to higher places"

Sarah Cochran

No comments:

Post a Comment